All quiet on the update front...

Friday, June 13, 2008

It's been a couple of days since I've posted, and I've got the following updates for you!:

  • I seem to have temporarily (permanently??) fixed the computer. This was a long, drawn-out process that involved a 6 hour back up to DVD, 4 system restores, 3 attempts to turn that bloody Windows Update function off, and a lot of finger crossing. So far the computer is back up and running, which does bode well. I still think I will try putting XP on it, since XP runs better, but at least now, I know how to use Vista.
  • I have finally updated the sidebars to reflect my new savings levels. I'm so close to reaching my goals, and I can't wait!!
  • I've done the math, and it looks like I will be able to reach all my goals by the end of this month. This is very exciting! I will be drawing out a plan for the money that I will make for the rest of the summer.
  • The end of the month trip I was hoping to do to Seattle with some friends looks like it probably won't happen, which is too bad. The good side is that I will be saving some money, and I will probably still take those 5 days off and just relax at home.
  • I'm having a garage sale this Saturday, rain or shine! I'm surprised at the amount of stuff that we will be selling. It'll be interessting to see how well we do. Right now I'd be happy if people just take the stuff off my hands, since it saves me a trip to the Thrift Store.
  • I'm still keeping an eye on airfare from Toronto to London, as well as Calgary to Toronto. So far most airlines are staying pretty much the same (actually, airfare seems to drop price while the fuel surcharge keeps rising).

That's all so far, if I think of anything else I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

I'm glad you're back!! My sister is also having mega problems with her puter... it's no fun when you use it every day and then it gets tempermental!

Congratulations on your numbers going up... love the vivid red of your side bars moving close too their goals :-)

Too bad about Seattle :-( It must be great to be close to such a big US city! I'm about 6 hours from the closest one...

As for the airfares, we booked ours at an ok rate... I think airlines are going to have to come up with all sorts of sales for tourists cuz the fuel surcharges are going to make traveling out of some people's reaches!

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

YAY for being back!

Congrats on your goals :D :D :D

And as for a garage sale - I wish I could hold one LOL