Hi, I'm a Mac, and I'm a PC....

Monday, June 9, 2008

Okay, not all of you will get that reference, since I'm not sure where those ads run, but seriously, I love them. And right now, I want to beat that little PC man to a pulp. Seriously. I hate Vista. SO MUCH. It's not even funny.

I haven't completely managed to fix the problem, since I don't really know what the problem is with my computer. I know it's not a virus, since I've run extensive virus-scans and haven't downloaded anything really that could've contained a virus. My dad thinks that one of those nagging "Windows Updates" has changed something in the registry and now the computer can't function. Go figure. The computer itself manages to be the downfall of the computer. Bah.

Most likely in the next couple of weeks my dad and I will blow this computer off and load Windows XP on it, which is much, much better.

I'm starting to understand why people chose Macs. If they don't have any of these problems, they'd be worth the extra money.

However, either way, I am super glad that I did copy all my important files onto external Hard drive and DVD. That way, I wasn't nearly as panicked as I could've been when the computer refused to turn on without giving me a crypic "F&#k You" and shutting off again.

On the monetary side of things...

Again, I haven't been keeping track of my spending. I'm trying, I really am, and haven't spent that much. Tomorrow morning at work I'm going to add as much as I can into the spreadsheet.

I have a paycheque and a $100 cheque from my parents (for graduating college!!) as a gift to deposit. Yay!

I am also busy prepping for my garage sale this saturday. I'm gathering (what I think) some good quality stuff to sell. I hope that it stops raining before Saturday (the weather here seems to be giving me a glimpse of London.... with the rain and all...). It's been a while since I've had a garage sale, so we'll see how profitable it is, given that I'll be losing a day of work at Subway (approx $80). Either way I'll be glad to be giving me stuff away for a small price rather than donating it all.

Alas, it is 12:32 a.m. and I must get my beauty sleep. Hee hee. Farewell from my poor, broken computer...

2 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I am such a MacGirl now....

But I do recognize the need for a PC for business (winxp at least) and I'm seeing I may need an actual 'work' laptop...

As long as you're in the black - don't fret too much about tracking spending :) you're on the right track!

Canadian Finance Guy said...

I have been a Mac user for many many years and have never had major issues with the operating system.

I know that Visa has been giving people allot of trouble, so much so that Microsoft is offering a free downgrade to XP...

It is good to hear that you backed up important files, hope it all works out for ya!